Friday, February 8, 2008

Entrophy

Several converging threads of my life have together dampened my urge to write things for public consumption in this blog. The near death of a family member coincided with what I experienced as another deep disappointment with a beloved religious body. These, among other things, have left me without a place to stand, in terms of public discussion and inquiry. I can find little energy to offer thoughts, questions, and opinions. I do not sense that the endeavor will be fruitful.

Maybe this is the best place to start. I don't know, frankly. What I do know is that there is a better way for all of us to arrange our lives, our medical care, our politics, our economics, our nourishment, our use of resources, our interactions with each other. I think that this way is to tell the truth, to feel our disappointments, to give up competition, to feel our imagined humiliations, to stare into the face of the unknown. Simple things, done simply. Genuine things, done genuinely.

Maybe this is also the best place to end. I don't know, frankly.

No comments: