Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pottering Around

I have been reading the new Harry Potter. Well, in fact, I have not yet gotten to the new book, having had to go back to reread Books 5 and 6 in order to remember, er, the story. As my brother points out, "Pretty soon, you'll only need 4 or 5 books to keep you happily reading for years!"

It's scary that rereading this book, I have no memory of what happens next nor who is going to appear. My first thought is that J. K. Rowling has conjured an Improvization Spell on the books, so that each reading produces a new story...quite clever of her.

But, sadly for me, I fear it can't be so. Instead, I understand that my psyche has arranged a Mental Erasing Blodget to visit me randomly, creating the only thing more embarrassing than admitting that I like the Harry Potter books: admitting that I had had to read them more than once.

No comments: